Interview with Erencan Evren, Managing Partner at Dreams&Bytes, our new Comvort member, based in Turkey (Istanbul). Evren: “Our aim is getting familiar with new cultures, understanding working methodologies and approaches of different agencies around the world”.
- C. What brought you to join Comvort? As Dreams&Bytes, we value getting familiar with new cultures, understanding working methodologies and approaches of different agencies around the world. We believe in the importance of exchanging know-how and experience in a global network. From that perspective, we believe that Comvort will serve as a great hub for us in order to expand and exchange our know-how.
- C. Dreams&Bytes is a very technological orientated agency and you are a ‘Microsoft partner’, what are the current demands of your clients nowadays in the fields you cover? We are highly experienced in combining cutting edge technology with creativity. We focused on projects combining multi-platform UX/UI design and software development. Our clients demand design and development of websites, enterprise level portals, mobile applications, intranets, extranets, eCommerce and online bidding projects, as well as continuous digital agency services (consultancy, update & maintenance).
- C. What advice would you give a business/client looking to market their products in your area of influence- meaning your country Turkey? Regardless of all the political and economic fluctuations, Turkey is a large and growing market. Turkey has a young population with noteworthy consumption habits. Therefore, the Turkish market is pretty promising for all kind of businesses as well as agencies.During the last decade, several global agency networks have acquired local agencies. These acquisitions are clear signs of global networks’ belief in the Turkish market and the strength of local agencies.The safest and the easiest way to penetrate to the Turkish market is partnering with or acquiring a local agency.
- C. What advantages do you think there are by being part of an international network? Our aim is getting familiar with new cultures, understanding working methodologies and approaches of different agencies around the world. We want to know their best practices, experience and know –how, how they coop with problems and how they compete in their area of influence. We would also share our knowledge and experience with them and contribute to the total quality of an international network. From this point of view, we believe Comvort is the perfect hub for cultural and experiential exchange.
- C. Do you have any examples of projects you have worked on a global scope? And what challenges had to be faced by your agency? We successfully completed several projects such as the website of Akbank AG (Germany), several educational portals for the European Union and some eCommerce projects for a few start-up companies based in the US.Depending on the clients and their business culture, the challenges may vary. In some projects, planning phase and documentation is very important and the challenging part; in others, delivery time is a challenge. We are flexible and can meet all the requirements coming from the client.We try to establish a “multi-kulti” working environment by hiring people from different countries and having foreign interns.
- C. What would you say are the strengths of Dreams&Bytes and the services offered? We believe in the power of combining art and technology. The full life cycle of the work we produce is also very important to us. We have a wide range of services from website design to SEO, eCommerce projects to mobile applications. We are an experienced group of people from various disciplines, working together for a long time and our mutual experience provides us speed, flexibility and flawless execution in our operations. We develop tailored solutions serving the unique needs of our clients. Our analysis, development, documentation and testing approach allow us to serve our clients at the highest global standards.
Learn more about their work here. Interview with Erencan Evren, Managing Partner at Dreams&Bytes, new Comvort member from Turkey